Looking for a good Jr. Sql/Sybase DBA
Hi all --
I am a recruiter in the Carolinas. I am currently seeking a DBA for a permanent position in beautiful Greenville, SC. This is a stable company and offers a great opportunity for career growth. Here is what they are looking for:
* Provide design and Q/A expertise for SQL Server objects.
* Design and Q/A of stored procedures.
* Configuration and Support of other Infrastructure software and other relational database software.
* Provide resource for development and enhancement of business systems where the skill set is appropriate.
* Configuration and Support of SQL Server.
* Monitoring, Housekeeping and Tuning of servers.
* Monitor, trend, and optimize SQL servers? performance in Dev/QA/Prod environments and improve and implement the related routines.
* Create, QA and migrate database objects (stored procedures, triggers, user functions, etc.) from QA to production.
* Provide supports to the application developers and together deliver productive database usage solutions that are integrated with the applications.
* Review database designs.
* Monitor and set up database SQL jobs and database maintenance routines.
* Manage and audit database securities
* Install, patch, upgrade and configure SQL servers and analyze new hardware requirements to sustain business growth.
* Manage disaster recovery routine (backup, restore and recover databases) and troubleshoot database servers related problems.
* Increase database high availabilities via SQL servers? native solutions or third party software.
* Contingency Testing.
The person most suited to this role will:
* Have strong interpersonal skills
* Be analytical and clear in thinking and documentation
* Team player and professional
* Work well under pressure
* Be self confident and decisive
* Be passionate about the quality of service delivered
Data base administration, data modeling, database design, development, testing, and systems analysis.
Strong data modeling skills, strong Microsoft SQL Server database skills. Strong T-SQL programming skills.
If you or someone you know meets these qualifications, please send your resume to
with "THIS IS ME" in the subject line :) I am determined to find a great candidate for this position! :D
Enjoy the day!!