Yep.. this is the one and only solution... We have to restore all the datafiles from previously taken backups...
Originally posted by Sharma
Go for imcomplete recovery. Since DBA has deleted all the redologs, means the active redolog also the only solution is recover till the user deleted the database.
Check Alert.log file to see when was the last archive generated.
Incomplete recovery is the option
1. Note the current log sequence number
SQL> select * from V$LOG;
2. Restore all the datafile from previous backup
3. Recover the database until cancel to stop before the lost redo log is applied
SQL> recover database until cancel;
4. Open the database using RESETLOGS
SQL> alter database open resetlogs;
5. Recreate the missing logfiles. If logfiles need to be recreated on another disk
SQL> alter database drop log group
SQL> alter database add log group
6. Since incomplete recovery is performed, the database should now be backed up