Im able to migrate oracle apps using docs from metalink.
now my question is i have moved the existing machine to another network where no DNS setup is existing?
so how i can get the oracle apps work from the new network?
Note:- we moved the machine from USA to INDIA
adjust hosts file for client essentially and server .
i have quick question, adjusting hosts for client means?
like adding the entry in hosts file of windows machine where we use to access the application?
what about server? can we keep the domain name and machine namwe as it is?
The issue is the SUn server was in some other domain at USA office, now we moved the server physically to india where we want to do more development work, so right now server is here(INDIA),need some more brief inforamtion about hooking the server in to local network(NT). also to get it up and running.
Thanks in advance!!
First I need to tell you how to access Oracle apps from client to come finally to what you need to do :
* we open browser and type ( for instance )
oracletest => is supposed to be your server name
oracle => is supposed to be the domain name
8001 => is the port that the application is active at ( 8000 is for production and 8001 for test => by installation defaults )
to access the server from a client you need to ( for version 11i ) :
* install Jinitiator on the client machine
* seache for the hosts file ( as you said ) on the client machine , open it by a text editor ( notpad or VI for windows ) add the following line to it
* the IP is supposed to be your server IP
* open your control Panel on the client in case of Windows client and select English USA - I use it like this because Jinitiator breaks with Arabic Language settings
* open your browser and enter the past URL
* if the Webserver is up on the server and all deamons and listeners are up you are supposed to see the applcation working
I do think that the domain name affects Oracle Apps BUT in your case and hence that you will use the server for development issues I recommend to keep your server as is and to hook your client machines to the server using the same attributes , the server's domain name and the same IP ranges to keep the server using the same attributes as in USA in case you are going to re-send it back after development ends -- this is the easiest way -- otherwise you will be in need to take care of listener , apps server and tnsnames attributes.
Thanks for your brief information Mr Nagia.
Actually the issue will be the ip address if the NT(client) machines will be like 126.96.36.199 ..
But the Oracle Apps server(solaris) is 192.168.1.400 like...
so can we have both in the machines in the same network..so that only we can make it the client machine to access the application from sun server!!
yeah im pretty clear about setting up the desktop tier(jinitiator,active-x controls adding entries to client machines hostfile all)..
so i need to know about the IP address differences!!
Thanks in advanc!